Sunday, January 10, 2010

Change Background on Windows 7 Starter




Windows 7 Starter was purposely designed with the inability to change backgrounds. Starter comes standard on most Netbooks, including the one I am using right now. I have tried everything to change the background with no success, untill I found this guide. it is an easy way to change the background. all you have to do is install and run Stardock MyColors and change the theme. You have to change the theme because the 7 Aero theme is what is stopping you from changing the background. There are 4 choices of themes. I used AMD Game because the red matches my background. if you want it to be like normal 7, there is diamond. The original Tutorial uses Think Green, and the final theme is quest. once you choose your theme, just click download and then install. Then just run, and install a the theme you picked ( it should take a while). After that, close out of Stardock and put the picture file that you want as your background in sample pictures, run stardock again, go to wallpapers, and apply your background. That is all there is to changing the background on 7 Starter. I hope you find this as useful as I did.

gjb999

No comments:

Post a Comment